Sunday, December 30, 2012

i am moody even at christmas.

It’s 8 o’clock on New Year’s Eve eve and in a rare bout of OCD, I’m updating my iTunes with all the appropriate album artwork. I’m on M now with Mr Big, MGMT, and Modest Mouse. My hair is piled on top of my head and I’m trying to convince myself that I’m not coming down with a cold and that I am not the most boring person in the world. (I am wrong on both counts.)

Anyway, I’m just glad the whole Christmas thing is over. Christmas depresses me. I like presents and I like food but I don’t like that it’s the same ritual every year – buying things for people you don’t particularly like and pretending that we’re not all eventually going to die. Or maybe I’m just becoming cynical in my old age.

In any case, I’d be a liar if I said I didn’t jump on the bandwagon of consumerism when there’s sales on and I have some extra cash. Maybe that’s the depressing part though – I buy things and then I remember that we’re all going to die so what’s the point? Or maybe I’m in a bad mood because my immune system is down and out and I miss my boyfriend.

Anyway, in the spirit of post-Christmas sales, I might as well tell you about all the crap I bought and was given recently:

Polyvore 29.12.12

As well as the above, I bought a pretty dress from Penneys, a vintage-style wooden box for the multitude of nail polishes I own, some cute bunting from Urban Outfitters, and Penneys’ cheap and cheerful take on the gold watch – €6 and it’ll probably turn my arm green but hey!

All that and I’m still on the hunt for a chunky, woolly, cream snood. Any leads? Comment below.

So what did you Materials Girls get for Chrimbo? Any plans for New Year’s Eve? My plans involve cleaning my room and dumping some of the rubbish I accumulated during 2012.

Hope you all have a lovely 2013. At least we’re not dead yet!

x

P.S. This journey through iTunes is making me very nostalgic. I’m listening to Maximo Park circa 2005. Hello, fourteen-year-old Emma! (I still know every word.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, so feel free to share your opinions and your stories! However, comments are moderated so that I won't experience undue harassment or humiliation; if your comment is hateful or offensive, it won't be published.