Monday, December 31, 2012

2012: blunders and body fat.

The End


I’m thinking about 2012 and I’m thinking about how much I’ve grown. But I’m also thinking of some stupid things I did and I’m thinking that those stupid things were only a couple of months ago. I think I’ve grown but only last summer I was obsessed with a boy who was a dead ringer for Charles Manson.

2012 was an interesting year – like every other year of my young adulthood, there is so rarely a dull moment and, when there is, I usually do something ridiculous to liven things up a bit. My 2012 began with kissing my friend out of boredom and spiralled out of control sometime in late February, early March. The first half of 2012 was spent doing gay things and drinking wine with Niall and Francis. 2012 was bagels and carbs and getting make-up lessons from drag queens and sex advice from virgins. In the latter half of 2012, I sold strawberries by the side of the road, turned 21, temporarily emigrated to Scotland, fell in love and came home with enough clothes to last me until next Christmas, and some extra weight around the belly that will keep me warm until spring.

2012 is drawing to a close and I’m happy – somehow. I’d like to say that I was happy in 2012, that I finally became comfortable with myself, that I never got depressed, that I never acted out, and I never self-destructed. 2012 wasn’t perfect but I had fun. I met wonderful people and became better acquainted with wonderful people.

I have high hopes for 2013. This year I’ll be returning to proper classes at UL, I’m motivated to drop a dress size and maintain it by this time next year, my blog is becoming ever more productive, and I’m hoping to procure a job in the Big Smoke during the summer. Things are looking up.

Hope you all have a fab 2013!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, so feel free to share your opinions and your stories! However, comments are moderated so that I won't experience undue harassment or humiliation; if your comment is hateful or offensive, it won't be published.