Monday, September 24, 2012

fashion rules.

I don’t think I’m very good at clothes. Sometimes I know what looks nice and what pieces look nice together but for the most part you’ll see me un-made-up in a tracksuit (or jeans, if you’re lucky). However, I do have certain rules when it comes to clothes. For example, everyone needs a decent pair of everyday shoes. (For me it’s my grey Marco Tozzi brogues which I left at home in Ireland – wahh.) And those ballet pumps that I so desperately wanted when I was thirteen are very, very dead. Also, knitted skirts: no. Velvet anything: yes yes yes. Dropped waist dresses: no. Just no.

I'm going to vomit.
 I’m so over Aztec print and I never liked the peplum trend. Dipped hem dresses and skirts are still cute and I'll probably always love leopard print. Studs are edgy and on trend but florals have been done to death – I cringe when I see florals these days. Playsuits are over but blazers are a wardrobe essential. Embellished collars are in but if I see another black lace dress, I might vomit. I like disco trousers (though I know I could never pull them off) but leggings need to leave. Creepers and low-top Dr Martens are cute and wedge heels will always be a fashion fave. I’m kind of over dots for the most part but crosses and skulls are cool. Collar necklaces, yes. Pearls, yes. Dangly earrings, probably not.

I am in love with the pretty grunge trend at the moment and I can definitely get on board with this season's baroque look. I've already got my eye on a couple of pieces from Topshop and River Island. In the meantime, I'm drooling over these select pieces from the interweb:

Baroque meets grunge meets Emma's bank account.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, so feel free to share your opinions and your stories! However, comments are moderated so that I won't experience undue harassment or humiliation; if your comment is hateful or offensive, it won't be published.