Monday, April 09, 2012

just casually ruining my life, nbd.

My bus back to Limerick never showed, so I’m going back in the morning instead. In the meantime, I’m waiting out a hangover and half watching The General. It’s good but I’m distracted. I’m distracted by pretty dresses on the internet and speculating how I may have ruined my life again. Not that I remember a whole from last night but it did involve me breaking my new year’s resolution of not kissing people who I wasn’t attracted to. That might seem like a silly resolution to a normal, emotionally healthy human being, but it’s changed my life over the last couple of months. It means I don’t wake up after a night of debauchery and think, ‘Shit, what have I done?’

But I broke my resolution last night and I’m trying to deal with the creeping sense of self-loathing as best I can. This involves reassuring myself that I didn’t actually hurt anyone last night. And maybe I’m growing or something but the fact that I didn’t physically hurt myself in an effort to make up for last night – that’s pretty great. Valuing myself like a mother-fucker.

On a lighter note, I engaged in some retail therapy and ordered these gorgeous loafers from Asos.

Hope you all had a lovely Easter weekend!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, so feel free to share your opinions and your stories! However, comments are moderated so that I won't experience undue harassment or humiliation; if your comment is hateful or offensive, it won't be published.