Sunday, March 25, 2012

inspiration.

 

So my friend, Eleanor, has an event coming up this week and asked me to help style her outfit for the occasion. It’s a Final Year Project thing, so a little on the formal side, but because she’s doing an artsy sort of course, there’s a lot of room for interpretation of the word ‘formal’.

I’ve spent the weekend scouring the internet for some inspiration. Since you can’t turn left these days without bumping into a few pastel shades, and a blazer just shrieks formal chic, I’m thinking a candy coloured blazer for a start. I also really like high-necked tops and blouses, so that, coupled with a skirt that is all leg, is a look I’m going for.

I also quite like the black skirt and dusty pink blazer in the first picture. Feminine but with a formal twist.

However, that’s just my personal taste and I’m open to any suggestions you might have. Leave a comment! :)

Images from Polyvore.com. Click through for individual sources.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, so feel free to share your opinions and your stories! However, comments are moderated so that I won't experience undue harassment or humiliation; if your comment is hateful or offensive, it won't be published.