Sunday, October 30, 2011

a not misfit-ting season premiere.

Misfits started back tonight on E4 amid great excitement. Series 3 sees new character, Rudy (played by Joe Gilgun), taking Robert Sheehan’s place as the motor-mouth of the group. Tonight’s episode set the tone for Rudy’s onscreen presence, which seems to mainly revolve around practicing and/ or talking about anal sex. I was gutted when I first heard that Sheehan wouldn’t be returning for the third series but newbie Gilgun’s character is definitely a good replacement in terms of cringe-worthy vulgarity.

As ever, Misfits delivers the drama and the humour. I was on the edge of my seat for most of it (although this was mainly in anticipation of seeing the naked torso of that gorgeous Welshman, Iwan Rheon), and I belly-laughed out out when Rudy shouted from the bathroom of his latest sexual conquest that he was “wiping shit of my cock!” (Yes, I am that childish. And crude.)

For a better account of the first episode of the new series, check out a piece by Rich Johnston on Bleeding Cool, and if you haven’t already, you can watch Misfits online on 4oD at Channel4.com. (Hope I haven’t spoiled it too much!)

I can’t wait for next week’s episode. I’ve missed the ASBO Five!

Image from E4.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, so feel free to share your opinions and your stories! However, comments are moderated so that I won't experience undue harassment or humiliation; if your comment is hateful or offensive, it won't be published.