Wednesday, August 17, 2011

some snapshots of my life.

DSC04483
DSC04486
DSC04498
DSC04607

1. Friendship Bracelets. I spent the better part of my American adventure developing RSI while making friendship bracelets. I still have a few some to post home.

2. Name Badge. Proof of my employment at the wonderland that is Target. Either that or evidence of my mugging a Target employee with the same name as me. (Target’s a riot. I’ll miss harassing parents about what they’ve named their kids – I love interesting baby names: Moses, Leyla and Annabella have been my favourites so far. Apparently there was a kid called Spider in the building today. Dear God.)

3. My Natural Hair Colour. That was the state my hair had reached before I let a Chinese man tackle it with some peroxide last week. I haven’t seen my natural hair colour since I was thirteen and there it is (combined with a very obscure concoction of a thousand other hair dyes). It’s somewhat blonder now and in a month or two, I’ll attempt to do battle with the bit of brassiness that remains.

4. My Wonderful Sister-in-Law and my Drunken Self. I think my sister-in-law is one of my favourite people in the world. She is so much fun. With not a drop of alcohol in her system, she ran around the Polo Field at Outsidelands with a towel (read ‘cape’) around her neck, pretending to be a superhero. And she thrashes like nobody’s business: we had a two person mosh-pit going during Muse. For a couple of minutes. Until we realised that Muse are crap and what were we doing with our lives? My sister-in-law teaches me things about cheese and wine and other nice things. I love her (even though she’s American) and I shall miss her dearly when I get back to Potato Land.

For those of you getting your Leaving Cert results today, I’m wishing you all the best, kids.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, so feel free to share your opinions and your stories! However, comments are moderated so that I won't experience undue harassment or humiliation; if your comment is hateful or offensive, it won't be published.