Saturday, August 27, 2011

an experiment in organisation.

I own a lot of jewellery – nothing expensive, just a lot of semi-interesting necklaces from Penneys and elsewhere. Organising and storing them has always been a problem. About two years ago, I picked up a cup-holder from a charity shop, painted it white and used it as a jewellery stand. Since then though, my collection has grown and I needed another storage solution. I saw a repurposed frame-turned-jewellery-organiser on RecycledLovelies.com a while back and was immediately smitten with the idea.

My mother is really into decorating (by which I mean, painting every room every year without fail) and she was tackling my room while I was away this summer with icy white walls and a dark wood floor (I love it, by the way!). My contribution is my new jewellery organiser which I’d planned before I left for the States.




Yesterday, I picked up a decorative, gold-finished frame from a charity shop. It’s very vintage-looking (by which I mean 90s-looking – it is exactly like the kinds of things we used to have in our old house when I was a kid) and only cost €5. The hooks I got to screw into it were a further €1.50. Bargain. A bit of hard labour on my step-dad’s part this morning and my new jewellery organiser was brought to life. (I would have liked to have actually made it myself but my step-dad owned the tools and there were enough quarrels without me throwing my poor handy-woman skills into the mix.)

I think it’s very me and I love it as a new addition to my room. What do you think? :)

4 comments:

  1. That is such an awesome idea! I have wayyy too many necklaces & something like this would be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a clever idea. All my necklaces just sit on my dresser getting tangled up, so I would love something like this!

    Grace x
    i'd rather buy shoes...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! Your room looks lovely & bright :) my necklaces are all tangled up in a box, I'm so unorganised haha x

    ReplyDelete
  4. cheers for the comments, girls! x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, so feel free to share your opinions and your stories! However, comments are moderated so that I won't experience undue harassment or humiliation; if your comment is hateful or offensive, it won't be published.