Tuesday, April 19, 2011

dvyuhn.

It’s been so long since I’ve done a proper blog post. I’m rusty. I don’t know what to say so I’ll just fill you in on what my life has been like lately:

Right now I’m finished my first year of university. It doesn’t really feel like it yet though, since I’m still supposed to be doing a sociology assignment and I have exams in two weeks. Not to mention the fact that I’ll probably have to repeat Academic Literacies. So, really, I won’t feel like I’ve finished First Year until I’m half way through Second Year.

College has been great though. Well, you know, I have mixed feelings about the whole thing really. But I can safely say it was a million times better than repeating the Leaving Cert, which, before the CAO results came out last year, seemed like my only option. Limerick is fantastic. If you’re reading this and you’re still considering where to go, I recommend Limerick wholeheartedly. UL is just the best. It is so much fun. And the friends I’ve made. Wow. You’d kill to know them. I’m going to miss them so much over the summer but I am looking forward to our nice girly house next semester. We’ll have a pretty tablecloth and flowers and nice things. I can’t wait.

In the meantime though, my summer is going to be just swell, all going according to plan. I don’t want to jinx it though by actually announcing it just yet. So I’ll wait until it’s confirmed and then you’ll all know and you’ll all be really jealous. Hoorah.

I’ve spent the last few weeks scouring the internet and coveting lovely dresses and make-up. Make-up is my latest obsession and lipstick is my number one fetish at the moment: I feel so glamorous when I’m wearing it. Also, I’ve finally begun to get the knack of using liquid eye-liner. My sister got me Clinique eye-liner about two years ago and after a few failed attempts at trying to beautify myself, the eyeliner sat sullen and unused in my make-up bag. I’ve always promised myself though that I’d eventually learn and now I have and I’m starting to think this is a serious cause for celebration. There’s a can of Bulmers hidden under my bed. I might raise a glass of that later to the Egyptians and the Mesopotamians ‘cause they were way ahead of their time. Fair play, lads!

Anyway, in terms of clothes, this dress from Topshop is what I’m currently lusting after:

Since I have no interest whatsoever in Easter Eggs, Ill take money in lieu of chocolate and I’ll buy this dress. Ugh, I’m in love.

In other news, my hair is a crap colour at the moment. Actually, it’s not even a colour. It looks nice in photos: it comes out a sort of brassy blondey ginger colour. In real life though, it’s just a mixture of poo and merde and colours that God made by accident and tried to hide but I somehow found and now he’s furious and by some horrible twist of fate (i.e. the absolute horrible condition of my hair), I can’t dye my hair again until the end of May. Because my mother won’t let me. Tragic, really. But, grudgingly, I’ll wait (as I have no money and Mother is funding this next misadventure). I miss blonde hair.

Here’s what my hair looks like now:

Ignore my very gorgeous housemates. Focus on the girl with the stupid hair. Yeah, the ginger one on the left who can’t smile properly. Ugh, I miss being blonde.

I think that about sums up my life right now? All I think about these days is make-up and clothes and being a creative beast and not drinking too much alcohol and seeing my lovely home friends and being as awesome as ever.

This has been a post. x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, so feel free to share your opinions and your stories! However, comments are moderated so that I won't experience undue harassment or humiliation; if your comment is hateful or offensive, it won't be published.