Tuesday, November 23, 2010

teeth and things.

A brand new blog post and sooner than you expected. Aren’t you lucky!

So this is my last week in my first semester of my first ever year of college. It’s been good. Very good. Exhausting and upsetting at times, but mostly good. And I know I have a whole other semester to go but I’m really going to miss this room next year. I love my college room. I prefer it to my home room.

Yes, that is a can of cider. One of the many, many perks of living away from home. Also, this photo was taken in early October so that wall there is even more hidden with various leaflets and post-its.

My washing basket and sink. And spare toilet paper and shampoo. I used to think it was strange to have a sink in a bedroom. Not anymore!

My lovely (and terribly comfortable) bed.  It has the world’s thinnest mattress but it’s quiet and it’s warm and I love it. (Also, that teddy? My brother got it for me when I was only little and it is my favourite thing in the world.)

Anyway, I’ll miss this place. This specific place. How clean our house is. Even though it’s shit, like. Actually, you know what I won’t miss? Our shower curtain. It gives me the creeps. If I touch off it accidentally when I’m in the shower, I feel like I have to start over and wash myself again. That’s how dirty it is. Or appears to be. I don’t know.

Geography aside, I have so much to do this week. I wasted today, sort of. I went to all two of my lectures (one at 10 am and one at 5 pm) but had a nap in between. And I’ve done nothing all evening except have a shower and eat. And talk to my brother. And brush my teeth. And floss. (My brother desperately wants me to get braces. He’s thirty and he’s getting them now. He reckons I should get them now as well, as in, sooner rather later. My teeth are pretty crap. My bottom ones are just awful. I’m even more paranoid about them since he started harping on during the summer. And gum disease runs in my family so there’s another thing! I have a dentist appointment soon so, yeah, we’ll see.)

Tomorrow I shall do lots of work. I shall go to all my lectures. (Even Academic Literacies? Hmm. Maybe not.) I will go to the library and stay there until I get something done. I will also not eat anymore shite foods. And I’ll go for a lengthy walk. My bum is only getting bigger…

I’m looking forward to Christmas. Mostly I’m looking forward to material things, but dinner and spending time with Mummy Dearest will be lovely too. Home is nice. (Weekends are terrible: my mother does not stop talking. It is exhausting.)

I think that’s me done for now. Glee and bed, please. Thank you. So long.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, so feel free to share your opinions and your stories! However, comments are moderated so that I won't experience undue harassment or humiliation; if your comment is hateful or offensive, it won't be published.