Saturday, October 09, 2010

things what i have learned since i started college.

1. Limerick is the rainiest city in Ireland. The €4 I spent on an umbrella in Penneys was the greatest investment of my life. A day with a clear sky is a rare, precious and beautiful thing in UL.

2. Ugg boots are very, very popular. Nine out of ten girls wear them every day in college. It baffles me. I’m torn between bringing mine with me this week or burning them altogether. I thought we left uniforms behind in secondary school?

3. UL is full of Septic Tanks. It is bizarre. There are more Americans in my college than Irish people. I’m not saying that’s a bad thing. It’s just … unexpected. I have an American friend called Mary. She can’t say ‘Bulmers’. I don’t know whether to be amused or highly offended.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, so feel free to share your opinions and your stories! However, comments are moderated so that I won't experience undue harassment or humiliation; if your comment is hateful or offensive, it won't be published.