Wednesday, September 15, 2010

in which i update.

There is no time for anything. It's all a huge rush and I'm feeling overwhelmed. Already. A week and a half in and I give up. Things are clashing. Do I go to the drama workshop, the Out in UL meeting (where there'll be food and lovely gay people) or do I see RHJ who I ent seen in, like, a week? Or a few days. Whatever.

Everyone is so touchy lately. Me especially. I miss Mummy Dearest. And having oodles of free time. Also, my housemates think I'm weird. I mean, I am weird but that's neither here nor there. You know what? I didn't even want that microwave. I will never use it. If you'd bought something useful like, I dunno, a few cans of cider or a bottle of port, then we could talk. But a microwave? Really? I'm not a huge fan of processed foods covered in radiation for good measure. I dunno.

And the printer won't print my page. My one page. I feel like an idiot waiting beside it for a half an hour. For one page. And my diary is full already. I never use a diary. Like, you know the way you always get one at Christmas but you never, ever use it? I got a lovely one off my sister last Crimbo and I'm actually using it. This is mainly because I have the memory capacity of a sprout and writing stuff down is the only way I'll know what, where and when I'm supposed to be doing something.

Hmm. So I'm in the library now and it's ten to six. The Out in UL meeting is at seven. What to do, what to do. Go home? It's a ten minute walk in, like, and I don't think I'm in the humour for it. I could sit here for another hour but that's a bit tragic, isn't it? Although, I do have this project thing to be doing, I could start researching that. It's on the Irish Literary Revival. I know after my history project, I said I never wanted to hear the name Maud Gonne again but I dunno. I do know an awful lot about Inghindhe na h√Čireannn now and it'd be interesting to tie that in with what they did with regard to Irish literature. Oh, Emma. You are a loser.

I had a lovely sandwich today. It cheered me up considerably. My chat with Emer as well as purchasing a glossy magazine and a pink Sharpie pen also helped. And I had a pint of cider. At four o'clock in the day. How often does that happen? Never. It was pretty satisfying, it has to be said. Sadly, though, my experience of college life thus far has been tame. Very tame. If I had lots of money, there would be less sobriety. Unfortunately, I have only meagre funds to last me 'til Friday. Wish me luck. Serious luck. Felix felicis luck. (Need to stop referencing Harry Potter.)

As part of my 'getting involved' in college, I am now Health and Safety Officer of the UL Drama Soc, as well as Web Administrator. I'm pretty excited about the latter: I'm in charge of the society's website and social networking sites. Maybe that's not a big deal but it makes me happy.

In other news, I am waiting patiently for tomorrow evening. It shall be sweet. Lots of plans and maybe none of them will come to fruition but I really don't mind. I am just well and truly looking forward to seeing you.

Ooh, I finally got my student ID today. (I look a bit crap in it but what harm. I look sleepy. That's pretty true-to-life though, I suppose.) I also bought that sticker for the back of it that says I'm eighteen and makes me a member of The Stables Club. I don't even know. (People keep talking about the stables and the paddock. Are we all horses or something? It is bewildering.) I'm not getting asked for ID anymore, which is bizarre. I feel like I'm hoodwinking the people in the pub or the off license. I have to remind myself that it is legal and that the few cans of Strongbow I left in Emer's gaff last night are not contraband.

I am a weirdo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, so feel free to share your opinions and your stories! However, comments are moderated so that I won't experience undue harassment or humiliation; if your comment is hateful or offensive, it won't be published.