Thursday, July 08, 2010

phatty.

Adjusting the brightness on photos is a technology which pretty much saved my self-esteem. Not trying to be funny, but I wish I was that luminous in real life. And I wish my hair was actually that colour. It’s supposed to be, but it’s not. It’s just brown. Boring brown. The exact same colour it was before I got it done. Except I have ginger roots. I’m hoping the rest of my hair will fade and look something like this but, honestly, I don’t see it happening. I’d be better off buying a bottle of dye outta the chemist and doing a DIY job (or bullying one of my friends into doing it for me).

Also, I took a photo of the clothes what I am currently wearing but the more I looked at it, the more I began to worry about my colossal tummy. And my fat arms. This is getting ridiculous.  I didn’t do my four miles today because the weather looked awful. It hasn’t rained yet but it looks like it’s going to. And, yes, I know – who are you telling this to, Emma? Us or yourself? I’m consoling myself. I’m stuck between a rock and a packet of crisps. Which is utterly, utterly tragic.

Perhaps it’s that time of month or something (sorry, male readers), but my self-esteem has been rock-bottom lately. I keep noticing things about myself that never would have bothered me before. Like how crap my fringe is. And how massive my arse is. And how my breath probably smells. This is weird. What is wrong with me?

(In other news though, I’ve started re-reading Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone. I forgot how lovely it was.)

1 comment:

I love reading your comments, so feel free to share your opinions and your stories! However, comments are moderated so that I won't experience undue harassment or humiliation; if your comment is hateful or offensive, it won't be published.