Friday, June 18, 2010

german & other recent things.

German today was fine. I went out with Betty and RHJ last night and by the time I got home and had a shower, it was time to go to bed. So no studying. (Not that there would have been anyway – I go out of my way to find distractions.) But German was okay. The short Au├čerungs were a bit weird and I barely had an iota of a clue of what was going on in the first reading comprehension, but otherwise it was grand. Tape was grand too. For once in my life I understood what the phonecall/ problem thing was. Hoorah. And just one exam left. Chemistry, I cannot wait to see you, babes.

I am genuinely getting bored of doing exam posts and I reckon you’re bored of reading them but I’m in the habit of it now and it makes for good, meaty discussion(?). However, I will digress and tell you some other news:

I cleaned my room today, in celebration of finishing my penultimate exam. The kind of clean where you pull out the wardrobe from the wall and hoover up the dust monsters what were begot behind there. I also took down all my flashcardy notey thingies from the walls. You know, German words I wanted to learn (some of which I happily risked today), and that bastardin’ sheet of Starke Verben. (People who do German will feel my pain. Congratulations if you managed to learn that list of irregular verbs ‘cause I certainly couldn’t. The grammar bit of the paper was okay though, those verbs were pretty guessable.)

Anyway, my room is sheeny and shiny and new. By comparison, I’m pretty filthy. (Can’t have a shower yet though ‘cause I have to answer the door to my mother’s friend and God knows she will ring the doorbell the very second I turn on the shower. So I’m sitting pretty. And smelly.)

I bought new make-up today. At €14.99, it’s the most expensive make-up I’ve ever owned. I’m excited. I feel fancy. I also bought my regular moisturiser: Nivea Visage Rich Moisturising Day Cream. The richness is great. It’s for dry and sensitive skin and I swear by it. My face is getting better, if you’re wondering. Got wonderful cream off the wonderful Dr Richard which took away the tomato-face pretty instantly. I still have the odd spot but my lovely sister robbed the Sudocrem. Can’t win ‘em all.

I’m attending a 60th birthday party tomorrow night which should be a howl. It’s a family thing but it’s not my family so it’s okay. I get to wear a dress and maybe even have a nice face (maybe even shave my legs) for the first time in what feels like a very, very long time. Nothing like state exams to make you feel like a knacker, wha’? Anyone else just looking forward to putting actual effort into how you look after this blasted LC? Or is it just me who’s given up on personal hygiene etc.? (Not personal hygiene – I do wash, like. That was just for hyperbole’s sake, you know?)

This is about the extent of what’s going on in my life right now, I think. I am in a good mood. This is in wild contrast to yesterday when I was in a fouler. I am listening to Regina Spektor and she is beautiful. I am looking forward to having a shower and putting on my jammies and getting into my clean bed. Simple pleasures.

(I feel I have ended this post in a less-than-hilarious way, so I’ll tell you another quick anecdote: I have a wound. The end.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, so feel free to share your opinions and your stories! However, comments are moderated so that I won't experience undue harassment or humiliation; if your comment is hateful or offensive, it won't be published.