Monday, March 08, 2010

02. Your Favourite Movie.

I’m not much of a movie person. Short attention span and that. And I change my mind frequently about what kinds of movies I like. I love Kirsten Dunst in anything, without fail. I think she is beautiful and wonderful and I pretty much want to be her. I also quite like Michael Caine and I loved his Alfie. Sandra Bullock makes a good film too, she really does. Probably my favourite film though is Garden State. That one with Zach Braff who’s on the lithium tablets and falls in love with Natalie Portman? Yeah, that one. I can’t really explain why I like it. It makes me happy and sad all at once. 

What do you do? You laugh. I'm not saying I don't cry but in between I laugh and I realize how silly it is to take anything too seriously. Plus, I look forward to a good cry. It feels pretty good.

This is your one opportunity to do something that no one has ever done before and that no one will copy throughout human existence. And if nothing else, you will be remembered as the one guy who ever did this. This one thing.

If you can't laugh at yourself, life is going to seem a whole lot longer than you'd like.

It's amazing how much of my life has been determined by a quarter inch piece of plastic.

That's life. If nothing else, It's life. It’s real, and sometimes it fuckin’ hurts, but it's sort of all we have.

Actually, just reading all these quotes have made me remember what a truly gorgeous film this is. Love love love. x

1 comment:

  1. Ooh that is so tricky. at the moment i'm gonna go with 500 Days of Summer... you've probably noticed i'm obsessed!
    Overall, it's impossible to decide. there are just too many! x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, so feel free to share your opinions and your stories! However, comments are moderated so that I won't experience undue harassment or humiliation; if your comment is hateful or offensive, it won't be published.