Sunday, January 24, 2010

Thought.

The thing is, I’m not joking. I’m sort of serious. And that’s a bit terrifying. And it’s been a while since I’ve wanted someone who didn’t want me. Strange. But, see, I have this other option. One that could potentially be something close to perfect. Maybe. But there will probably always be this little niggle at the back of my mind if I don’t do something about that unlikelihood. You. But what to say and how to say it?

Only for you, only for you
What else am I to do about it?
Who heard of anything for free?
Who gives away to not receive?
That would be mean.
Are you listening?
Are you watching closely?
Lovely, lovely and overblown love song
Nothing and no one could ever give more
With a few minors chords.
Only for you, only for you
Don’t want to be demure about it
But what to say and how to say it?
Who knows, who knows?
Here I go…
Are you listening?
Are you watching closely?
Lovely, lovely and overblown love song
Nothing and no one could ever give more
With a few minor chords.

1 comment:

  1. Love Cathy Davey.
    Give Wallis Bird a youtube search. You'd like her, especially 'to my bones'
    xo

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, so feel free to share your opinions and your stories! However, comments are moderated so that I won't experience undue harassment or humiliation; if your comment is hateful or offensive, it won't be published.