Thursday, January 14, 2010

Pretty.

Pretty pictures make me feel like the world is a beautiful place and they make me long for summer and adventures and heat and good skin days and girly sun dresses. And all the lovely summer songs. And the beverages. And the looking forward to college. Yay.

Alright so school wasn’t that bad today. Only six more months. Ish. Then off into the world as a sort of adult thing. Limerick, hopefully. Four hundred-ish points. Hopefully. In the meantime, I’m getting a kick out of the general hilarity of Sixth Year and my friends and our group dynamic and lunchtimes down by the chip van. And I missed my Basil so much, having not seen her for over three weeks. Damn universe conspiring against us having a slumber partaay over the Christmas. Not nice. But seeing Hazel today and remembering why I adore the girl so much? Lovely. :)

The rest of school was a bit of a blur. A lot of handouts and exam questions and there’s a dance in Billy Brennan’s barn tonight… Bizarre. But good. I am exhausted. Ought to be doing homework – by rights – but promised myself (and other people) a blog post tonight. Excuse the poor quality and complete lack of purpose, other than to say this:

Right, so I’ve been thinking about life and, in particular, my life and it’s alright, isn’t? Maybe it shouldn’t still be part of my daily thought process but I can’t help coming back to the whole ‘being single’ thing. It’s alright, isn’t it? Is it alright to think about it still? It must be. Of course it’s okay to be single. In fact, my singleness has won approval from all my friends, which is a rarity. Ya know that saying ‘you can’t please all of the people all of the time’? Well, it’s the story of my life. But right now I think I might just be pleasing all of the people. All of my friends and family, at least. I honest to God can’t tell if it’s pleasing me. I genuinely don’t know. I’m completely happy and I couldn’t be happier but have you ever gotten that feeling that an addition to your life wouldn’t go unappreciated? Maybe it’s just the mood I’m in lately, having watched Pearl Harbour the other night and that. I don’t know. I feel like a fucking Martian.

Hmm. It’s all rather confusing, this being a hormonal and Leaving Cert student girl creature thing. And do you ever feel disposable? I suppose I don’t anymore, and I wouldn’t let someone else make me feel that way but, shucks, I do. I feel a bit irrelevant. Off to do homework and pose being important or something. More tea anyway!

I know there wasn’t a lot of good, strong, solid content in this particular post (along with many others, actually – I seem to do a lot of apologising for this sort of thing), but you’ll live, yeah? Shall make it up to you with exciting (and possibly untrue) stories of my weekend or something. Take care.

Oh, by the way, don’t know if you’re interested, but I’ve been listening to these people lately:


Old Rilo Kiley stuff.
New-ish Placebo stuff.
New-ish Kooks stuff.
Mixture of Modest Mouse.
Bit of Arcade Fire.
etccccccc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, so feel free to share your opinions and your stories! However, comments are moderated so that I won't experience undue harassment or humiliation; if your comment is hateful or offensive, it won't be published.