Sunday, December 20, 2009

A Perfect Weekend etc.

2009 has been the best year of my life so far. I have learned so much about everything, about myself, about the world, and about how sometimes it’s okay to be sad. Everything will be okay in the end. Nothing is forever. There’s bouts of sadness and there’s bouts of happiness and you just have to make the best of all of ‘em. Right now, my life is excellent and I cannot fault it at all. But I know that sometime there will be a bad time, but that’s okay too, ‘cause I’ll take care of me and my friends will take care of me. The most important lesson I’ve learned this year: It is okay to feel how you feel.

2009 was definitely my year. At 12 am on the 1st January 2009, my best friend told me that 2009 would be my year and it was. So much of my life has changed and I love it. I like me. I love my friends and my family and my everyday life. Everything is wonderful.

As weekends go, this one was amazing. It’s two o’clock on a Sunday afternoon, so I have a bit of it left to go, but so far, so good. On Friday Aisling came over and we watched Glee and Misfits. Glee is our new ‘thing’. I like that. I like that me and my best friend have ‘things’ and the things provide an excuse for her to come over to my house on a Friday or Saturday night and watch telly or talk, delirious with tiredness, and eat sweets and drink tea. Last year, Skins was our thing on a Friday night. I used to tape it on the Sky box on Thursday night and we’d watch it after school the following night. Skins finished up and we had nothing, but then X Factor came along and we were content for weeks but now that’s gone too. Glee is definitely the new thing though. Between the cheesiness and the wall to wall collection of songs that everyone knows, it is the perfect recipe for Saturday nights at my house during the cold spring months. Roll on mid January, innit.

So Friday was lovely. Laughing with Aisling and talking to SB on the phone ‘til all hours. I had to get up and be dressed and at the hairdresser’s for half nine the next morning though. I was exhausted. But my hair is fixed and looks somewhat natural now. Hoorah. Returned from Cleo’s and had a shower and washed my hair again and met SB in New Street and proceeded to ramblĂ© around the town and up by the river bank and it was beautiful. It was the perfect winter’s day. We were wrapped up in proper winter coats and it was cold and sunny and everyone said hello and it was like something out of a film. An excited puppy ran straight for me on the river bank and leapt all over me. It was beautiful. He was beautiful. We ate stew for dinner (me and SB, rather than me and the puppy) and hung out in my room and danced and it genuinely was perfect. And I’m a sap, obviously, but I don’t care because I’m happy and giddy and genuinely excited by how lovely you are and how similar we are and how I can say or do whatever I like and you won’t think I’m a freak, and the same goes for you.

‘He’s so cynical.’
’Shur so are you, Emma.’
’I know. That’s why I love it.’


Yeah, we are pretty much made for each other.

I’ve been thinking about the kind of people you end up with in the end. And I always thought it would be you, but I’m not so sure anymore. Surely you can’t end up with someone who doesn’t make you happy? You can’t. It wouldn’t be fair. I’m just awfully naive.

Anyway, after SB went home on Saturday, I went into the church and hung around with Amy’s little brother and sister for an hour before the Toy Mass started. It was hilarious. The whole thing was so festive and Christmassy. Aisling came along and it was great. We sang and ate jellies and promised to bring Amy’s siblings to the shop afterwards because they were very thirsty (since they’d had nothing to drink all day and Amy had bought them salty chips at four o’clock). After the mass, Kate and Aisling came over to mine and we ate Roses and listened to ‘shtupid’ music. I had an excellent night’s sleep and am very content right at this moment in time.

What a horribly factual blog post.

Happy Kissmas, kids. x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, so feel free to share your opinions and your stories! However, comments are moderated so that I won't experience undue harassment or humiliation; if your comment is hateful or offensive, it won't be published.