Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Kissmas.

Genuinely excited about Christmas this year, more for dinner and dresses and quality time with family and friends, than for presents that I’ll forget about in a week.

So it’s that boring part of Christmas now, waiting for dinner and being too restless to concentrate on those Christmassy films. And frustrated at the distance and the age we’re at and the decade I was born in, maybe even the century. I get how you get these ‘weird feelings’, ‘cause I get them too. And anyway, it’s just small talk now. I hate that fragile part where you start to run out of things to say. An adventure is needed. At least it would give us something worthwhile to discuss. I like the things we have in common. And I like how sincere you are. And I like how you’re fluent in Irish. So let’s adventure, yeah?

Good haul this Christmas. Nice, small, simple pressies. Funds and clothes and telly and dinner and alcohol and simplicity. This is the best Christmas I’ve had in years and I’m so excited about the New Year now. I know what I’m capable of. I know what I can and can’t do, what I should and should not do. I know that having a routine goes a long way towards my happiness. I know that being clean and well dressed and engaging in stupid conversations with my wonderful friends makes me happy, or at least contributes to my well-being. More of that in two thousand and ten, please. Life is good. (:

God, I feel like getting drunk…

Happy Christmas, everyone. Enjoy yourselves. Make the most of the festivities. Be good. And if you can’t be good, be careful.

With lots of Christmas kisses,

Emma. x

1 comment:

  1. "I know that being clean and well dressed and engaging in stupid conversations with my wonderful friends makes me happy, or at least contributes to my well-being."

    there really is nothing like being really well scrubbed and clean

    x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, so feel free to share your opinions and your stories! However, comments are moderated so that I won't experience undue harassment or humiliation; if your comment is hateful or offensive, it won't be published.