Friday, October 23, 2009

Skins and School and Hair.

I really can’t wait for the fourth series of Skins. If I knew the date, I’d be counting down the days. January sometime? I wish it was sooner. Something to look forward to of a Friday night. (I know it’s on Thursday nights but I normally tape it and watch it with Aisling the following night. Bonding time. Lovely way to wind down the school week. :) ) I really loved the third series. That Effy and Freddie and Cook love triangle was adorable and infuriating. All of ‘em hotcakes then, y’know… 

I hear through the vine they’re bringing Skins to America and getting Yankland children involved (not children, but you know what I mean). I am cynical now. MTV are doing it. Dunno when it’ll be out though. Benefit of the doubt and that…

Double Art this morning. Excellent progress! Almost finished my painting and decided that I’m going to do abstract still life using mixed media in the actual exam. Isn’t that the most exciting thing you’ve ever heard in your life? It made me happy, having that sort of focus. I really love how my current still life thing is turning out. It’s definitely my favourite out of everything we’ve done so far for the LC. I’m not saying it’s any good or anything – I’m just saying that I really do adore it. It’s all pinks and yellows and newspaper. Mmm.

Had that Careers interview after Art and I was actually so surprised at how helpful Ms Whelan was. And she didn’t wink at me at all. It was a real success. (: It made me think of loads of other careers and courses that I really hadn’t considered at all, like Marketing and Politics and Public Relations and Communications. I’m actually so excited at the thoughts of researching ‘em and stuff. I now love Ms Whelan. She’s actually rather funny: she does lah de dah D4 accents. What a good girl.

Got my hair done by the lovely Olive and I genuinely have no complaints. Well, I haven’t really seen my hair in daylight yet, but I’m sure it couldn’t be that horrific. There’s small (tiny, really) bits of brown in it so that it’s no longer yellow (I hope). My fringe is a bit dodgy but I’ll sort that out myself in the morning. In fairness to her, Olive is some woman for the communicating, unlike lots of other hairdressers. They never seem to understand what you want done to your hair. Why is that? Anyway, apart from sorting out my locks, Olive and I had a lengthy chat about X Factor, which is always nice.

Which reminds me, can’t wait for X Factor tomorrow night. Yay.

My nails are painted yellow.

I’m fearful of how the weekend will pan out. :/

Off to beddy bye bye’s, I think.

What a crap blog post… My apologies.

x

1 comment:

  1. EMMA ITS TERESA...THERE'S NOTHING BORING ABOUT SAID BLOG POST...BUT I JUST HAD TO SAY..MS GRACE ALSO RECOMMENDED I LOOK AT MARKETING POLITICS COMMUNICATIONS PR AND ODDLY ENOUGH LAW...THIS MAY BE OF VAGUE INTEREST TO YOU..BUT ITS COINCIDENTAL THAT A)WE HAVE THE EXACT SAME INTEREST..WHICH WOULD BE PRETTY FLY OR B)BOTH CAREERS TEACHERS HAVE A LIST OF RANDOM SUGGESTIONS THEY CALL OUT?

    TA TA
    GOOD NIGHT LADIES
    TERESA XX

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, so feel free to share your opinions and your stories! However, comments are moderated so that I won't experience undue harassment or humiliation; if your comment is hateful or offensive, it won't be published.